Kantajew Temple

This beautiful postcard was sent by Sumanto from Bangladesh, it took roughly 3 weeks to arrive to Barbados. Sent along with beautiful tiger stamps.

Late-medieval Hindu temple in a Dinajpur district. The construction was started by Maharaja Pran Nath in 1704 and finished by his son Raja Ramnath in 1722. The temple was built in the navaratan (nine-spired) style, the spires were destroyed by the earthquake in 1897.

Dinajpur is a district in the North of Bangladesh, part of the Rangpur Division. The area is 3,444.30 km2.

The location of Kantajew Temple

source: wikipedia & google maps

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz